Benefits Committee Meeting
April 19, 2006
Merritt Room, Music Library
Present: Candice Feldt (CF), Spruill Harder (SH), Kevin Lau (KL), Jennifer Lyons (JL), Steven Marley (SM), Deb Morley (DM), Leena Siegelbaum (LS), Karen Young (KY)
Absent: Susan Milstein (SM)
- DM thanked everyone for attending. Thank you to CF for hosting the meeting.
- The committee discussed finalizing the poll that will be distributed via HULINFO and the HCL-list. The questions are as follows:
- Have you ever attended a BenCom presentation or event?
- ACTION ITEM : SH will compile a list of the BenCom programs from the past 2 years by looking through BenCom's recent annual reports and meeting minutes.
- If so, what presentation (s) and was it useful? ( List of programs inserted here?)
- What topics related to Benefits are you interested in learning more about?
- What time of day do you prefer for attending presentations?
- Do you prefer a “brown bag lunch” format?
- What additional information about Benefits would you find helpful?
- ACTION ITEM: KL will make a draft of the poll and distribute it to the BenCom commit by the end of the week of April 24th
- Poll results : The results will be complied in Excel and distributed to BenCom by KL in that format. Then the commit. will decide whether the results need to be complied in another format
- KL mentioned he can keep the template of the poll for use for other LAEC committees
- ACTION ITEM : JL will compose a draft announcement for the poll to be approved by Alix/Wadsworth House ASAP. Then the poll will be announced and open on Monday, May 1st to May 12th . JL will re-send the announcement on May 10th to remind members of the Librarian's Assembly that the poll is due May12 th
- The committee discussed the positive results of the evaluation poll handed out to attendees of the Long-Term Care Benefit (LTC) Presentation on April 5 th. The feedback was extremely positive other than the fact that there was not much time left at the end of the presentation for Q & A. JL mentioned that Alix Reiskind, chair of the LAEC, suggested since the program was so popular that BenCom might consider doing another LTC presentation in the fall. She suggested as a more casual brown bag format and inviting Lori Rosen back to have a informal Q & A to give members of the LAEC time to ask their questions.
- JL reported on the 4/13 LAEC meeting
- Our next meeting will be on Wednesday May 24th from 2 to 3 pm at the Gutman Library, Graduate School of Education
Top | Benefits
Committee Home Page