Benefits Committee Meeting
August 23, 2006
Room G-55, Widener Library
Present: Candice Feldt (CF), Spruill Harder (SH), Jennifer Lyons (JL), Steven Marley (SM), Deb Morley (DM)
Absent: Kevin Lau (KL), Leena Siegelbaum (LS), Karen Young (KY)
- JL reported on the July meeting with the LAEC and Wadsworth House. The committees received much positive feedback on the programs sponsored this year.
- LAEC has requested that the BenCom poll (to be used to information from Harvard librarians about their interest in other benefits programs) be postponed until October. The BenCom members agreed that the poll was ready to release and the only further work required would be to send out the announcement on HULINFO in October and coordinate making the iPoll available with Kevin Lau.
- It was announced that LAEC will be hosting an orientation for all Librarian Assembly committee members to provide history of the LAEC, objectives, etc.. The LAEC orientation is scheduled for Sept 14 th , from 12-1:30 in the Lamont Forum Room. It is “brown bag” format.
- Susan Milstein has resigned. BenCom chairs were given the name of a potential new member who had expressed in another committee whose membership was full. JL will follow up with the prospective new member.
- The committee discussed ideas for a Fall program and settled on “Investment Allocation (Basics for Investing) for Library Employees”. If the program idea is approved by LAEC, the presenter will be Anne Kuuskvere from TIAA CREF. The date of the program is tentatively November 2, from 3:30-5 p.m. in the Lamont Forum Room. Library employees are invited to bring interested spouses or partners.
- Next BenCom meeting is scheduled for 9/27 from 3-4 or 9/28 from 2-3.
Top | Benefits
Committee Home Page