Benefits Committee Meeting
December 20, 2005
10 :00 - 11:00am
Present: JL, BK, SM, DM, SH, CF
- JL with assistance from SM and BK explains the purpose and charge of the Librarians Assembly and the Benefits Committee. New members and old members make introductions. New members:
- Candy Feldt, Senior Cataloger, Loeb Music Library
- Spruill Harder, Manager of SDI Public Services, Fine Arts Library
- Deb Morley, Director of Information Technology Services, HCL
- DM brings up the issue of two-way communications between the committee and members of the Librarian's Assembly. DM also brings up various issues about benefits that she has received from colleagues. DM also suggests using an on-line survey to gather information from members of the LA to better figure out what type of programs the LA membership would appreciate. JL and BK will present this idea to the LAEC at the next meeting.
- BK briefs the membership on the last Librarian's Assembly meeting. Both of our presentation ideas were approved: 1) 10 Lesser Known Benefits at Harvard 2). Long-term care. The membership decides that a presentation on Long-term care will of most interest to the LA and 10-Lesser Known Benefits is too abstract a topic to pursue at this time. A possible date for the program was discussed, and April 5 th , from noon to 1 pm was chosen.
- Action item: BK will write a draft proposal for this program and send the proposal and proposed program date to Alix Reiskind (LAEC chair)
- Action item: SM will check into the availability of the Lamont Forum room for the propped date of April 5 th from noon to 1 pm. (Steve please ask for room from 11:30 to 1 pm, so our speakers have time to get their Powerpoint set-up, etc.)
- BK continued his presentation on the last LAEC meeting. The Communications & Orientation committee is planning a tour of the new Baker Library building. Also, the LAEC is looking at an iSite for a place to post calendars and other working documents to improve communication of the LAEC. BK presented a draft letter that the LAEC is considering sending to new members of the LAEC. DM bought up the point that the letter should be address to “Library staff,” or another more inclusive term, as the employees of HUL and HCL are not always librarians, but administrators, etc.
Top | Benefits
Committee Home Page