Benefits Committee Meeting
February 16, 2006
Harvard Law School Library
Present: Spruill Harder (SH), Kevin Lau (KL), Jennifer Lyons (JL), Leena Siegelbaum (LS), Deb Morley (DM), Karen Young (KY), ABSENT: Candice Feldt (CF), Steven Marley (StM), Susan Milstein (SM)
- Our tentative date for our next meeting is Friday, March 17 th from 4 to 5 pm at the Loeb Design Library. We may change the meeting time if Marymichele Delaney is unable to attend at this time. Exact location in the Loeb Library TBA by KL.
- We have a new member of BenCom, Susan Milstein (Cataloger, Fine Arts Library) SM was unable to attend our meeting, so hopefully we will be able to meet her at next month's meeting.
- Planning for the upcoming April 5th program on Long-Term Care was discussed:
- The committee reviewed JL's draft announcement. JL will make the committee's recommended changes to the draft.
- KL will draft a poll to take a headcount and get back to the committee by the evening of Tuesday, February 21 st with the draft. He will also draft a feedback form to possibly use after our April program. The committee discussed the few questions that would be included on this evaluation form.
- JL will find out if HR rep, Marymichele Delaney, can attend our next meeting. JL will also find out if our presenter, Lori Rosen, is all set with her powerpoint presentation and ask for a bio. of Lori Rosen for our announcement. JL will ask StM if Marymichele or himself would be interested in moderating the event. If not, DM or JL will moderate.
- Questions for Marymichele for our next meeting:
- Who is the contact person for members of the LA if they are interested in obtaining the Long-Term Care Benefit or if they have questions?
- JL will talk to Lynn Sayers at Lamont about arranging the room for the presentation. It was suggested by the group to line up the tables so members of the LA can comfortably eat their lunches AND see the presentation.
- JL will finish the program announcement by March 3 rd , so we have time to get the announcement approved by Wadsworth House. The announcement will include a link to the poll which will be used to get a head count of attendees. This head count will be used to let the presenter know the number of materials to bring to the event.
- JL reported on the previous LAEC meeting. iSites is going to be used by the LAEC for committee business. DM will work on the BenCom iSite. This is where upcoming meetings, minutes, and a link to our website will be listed. KY informed the committee on the progress of coming up with a topic for the LAEC Spring Assembly and encouraged BenCom members to contact the LAEC if they had any ideas.
- The group discussed using a polling tool to conduct a survey to find out what topics and issues related to benefits might be of interest to staff. DM will bring this up to the LAEC at their next meeting.
- Some of the questions to ask in the poll that were discussed:
- Have you ever attended a BenCom presentation/event?
- If so, was it useful?
- What topics are you interested in?
- What time of day do you prefer for attending presentations?
- What resources would be helpful for the BenCom to list on their web site?
- JL suggested that it would be good if we could get this poll conducted and completed by the end of the Spring, so we could use the ideas generated from the poll for our Fall program.
Top | Benefits
Committee Home Page