Minutes of the Benefits Committee
January 5, 2005
Location: Houghton Library
Present:OC, DM, JL, BK, TM
- This year's Ben Com presentations
- Child and parental benefits
- Tour of the MAC (gymnasium)
- Next meeting schedule and details
- OC explains that Nancy Costikyan from Harvard benefits office will be the key speaker for the June family benefits discussion that we are sponsoring. Date, which is being considered, is Wednesday June 15 at 1:00pm at Law School (exact location to be determined ). Back-up date is June 16th same time and location. Nancy will speak for about 30 minutes and we will have one testimonial from an adopter as well as a day care client to spend 10 -15 minutes explaining their positive situations with both of these benefits. JL will provide daycare person and TM will provide adopter person. We should all have at least one question ready for each of the presenters so as to stimulate discussion.
- DM explains that the Wendy at the MAC has suggested that we offer our MAC tour to no more than 20 people and during the hours of 1-3pm on a weekday. We decide that first choice is Wednesday January 16th between 1-3 pm with Thursday 17th as back-up date. Title voted on is:“Working AT and Working OUT at Harvard: A tour of the MAC Athletic Complex”.
DM will speak with Gloria Korsman regarding contacting HUL and HCL lists and how to proceed with the outreach for this; Additionally asking her advice on semantics and what procedures and protocols are customary for this and other events.
- Next meeting will be held at Business School at the building adjacent to the interim library at Kresge Hall Thursday February 24, 2004. Billy Kwan will send out directions closer to the date.
Top | Benefits Committee Home Page