Benefits Committee Meeting
January 19, 2006
Houghton Library, Seminar Room
Present: Candice Feldt (CF), Spruill Harder (SH), Kevin Lau (KL), Jennifer Lyons (JL), Steven Marley (SM), Leena Siegelbaum (LS), Deb Morley (DM) ABSENT: Karen Young (KY)
- The committee elected DM as new co-chair to replace Billy Kwan who has left Harvard.
- Planning for the upcoming April program on Long-Term Care was discussed:
- The date and time was confirmed with members: April 5 th , 12-1 “brown bag.”
- SM has reserved the Lamont Forum Room. JL will follow up to specify desired seating – small tables so staff can more easily eat their “brown bag” lunches.
- The speaker from John Hancock has been scheduled and desires an estimated “head count” in order to bring enough materials.
- KL will create a quick poll using iSites that can help us estimate the number of people interested in attending.
- JL will complete the draft for the announcement of the program for review at the next meeting.
- SM suggested that we consider sending an evaluation to attendees after the program. It was agreed that this would be discussed at a future meeting.
- The Harvard HR representative who is coordinating the speaker from John Hancock will be invited to the March meeting to finalize program planning.
- As follow-up from last meeting's discussion on whether the Benefits Committee might seek approval to conduct a survey, JL shared with the group that she recently learned that the Professional Development committee had done a survey in the past. JL will follow up on learning more on how they conducted the survey and results.
- JL shared information about programs that the other committees are planning.
- Committee members had some discussion about iSites as training for iSites was conducted at the last Librarians' Assembly Executive Committee (LAEC) meeting. JL mentioned that the lack of a calendaring function might detour the use of iSites for LAEC.
- The next Benefits Committee meeting is scheduled for Feb 16th .
Top | Benefits
Committee Home Page