Minutes of the Benefits Committee
November 4, 2004
Held at Cabot Small Group Instruction Room
Present:DM, BK, AD, JL, TM
- Discuss and review our last benefits com meeting
- DM gives an overview of what occurred at the LAEC meeting
- We actively discuss possible topics for our presentations this year.
- AD suggests Elizabeth Warner who spoke last year at the Law school and discusses the middle class, cost of living, 2-income society etc.
- The tour of the MAC is again mentioned as a way of highlighting some benefits that people may not be aware of or partake.
- Retirement program possibly now that the market Is not so lucrative, having a rep from one of the investment firms come and speak with us about how we can better provide and prepare for our retirement with the changing market conditions.
- A new topic which garnered much attention was benefits for those folks with babies and children such as flex time, day care, adoption, maternity leave and also add that "working Mother's magazine" named Harvard one of the top places for moms to work.
Next meeting will be at the Law school on room 524 (Building?) on Thursday Dec 2 at 2pm. Directions and details to be sent later on email.
Top | Benefits Committee Home Page