Benefits Committee Meeting
September 27, 2006
Conference Room, Fine Arts Library
Present: Doug Campbell (DC), Candice Feldt (CF), Spruill Harder (SH), Kevin Lau (KL), Steven Marley (SM), Deb Morley (DM), Craig Thomas (CT)
Absent: Jennifer Lyons (JL), Leena Siegelbaum (LS)
- The committee gave a warm welcome to new member, Doug Campbell, and Craig Thomas, new LAEC ex officio member. Both Doug and Craig have LA experience serving on the Professional Development Committee (PDC).
- DM provided handouts from the LAEC orientation for those BenCom members who were unable to attend and gave a brief review of the orientation meeting.
- Plans for the Fall program, “Investment Allocation (Basics for Investing)” were discussed. Members provided input to the announcement for the program that will go out on HULINFO. SM will follow up on finding out how non-staff family members can gain admittance into Lamont Library for the program. KL will draft an iPoll by Friday for committee members to review which will assist us in getting a head count. SM will introduce the speaker at the event. KM will draft an evaluation form to be handed out at the start of the presentation with the request for feedback.
- Committee members decided on the dates in which the poll will be posted for input from library staff members about benefit programs of interest. The poll will be posted from Oct 2 through Oct 13. Results will summarized and reviewed in the Nov meeting.
- Next BenCom meeting is scheduled for 11/16 from 3-4 in Loeb Music Library.
Top | Benefits
Committee Home Page