Executive Committee
Home Page

 

Minutes of the Executive Committee


Librarians' Assembly
Executive Committee


Minutes of the Meeting, Monday, May 12, 2008, Lamont Room 380, 12 noon-2 p.m.

Elected Members Present: Karen Carlson Young (Chair); Kim Dulin, Craig Thomas, Erin Wise (Members-at-Large)

Committee Chairs Present: Candice Feldt (Ben-Com); Mindy Kent (Com-Com); Michael Bradford (PDC); Liza Vick (R&R)

Members not Present: Marty Schreiner (Co-Chair); Kristin Stoklosa (Member-at-Large); Kevin Lau (Ben-Com); Reed Lowrie (Com-Com); Jennifer Beauregard (PDC); Tim Driscoll (R&R)

Approval of Minutes: The Committee approved the minutes from the meeting of April 10, 2008 with one revision

Committee Reports:

Ben-Com:

The April 28 brown-bag program, Wills, Power of Attorney, and Health Care Proxy, was successful. Feedback from the survey distributed after the meeting was positive. A follow-up meeting may be planned.

Candy will be stepping down as co-chair; Kevin will be cycling off from Ben-Com at the end of the year.

Com-Com:

The informal brown-bag on April 29 had about 24 attendees. The speakers were Connie Rinaldo, David Cobb, and Mindy Johnston.

The ice-cream social takes place on Wednesday June 11 in the Theatre Room of the Faculty Club. Professor Darnton will attend but won’t be making any opening remarks. There will be a raffle.

2 new librarians have been invited to the upcoming Bryant Fellowship lunch on May 14.

Only 1 person is cycling off Com-Com.

PDC:

25 people attended the Bryant lecture on Thursday, May 1.

40 people attended the Baker tour on Thursday, May 8.

6 people are cycling off the PDC.

R&R:

The Katrina program on April 16 was well attended.

The date of the Museums/Archives program is still TBA.

Only 1 person is cycling off R&R.

Ongoing Business:

Spring Assembly:

Karen contacted Professor Darnton about a description of his talk. She also asked if he planned on making opening remarks and a state-of-the-library address. We have received topical descriptions of the talks by the other speakers.

The May 1 HULINFO message couldn’t go out because the speakers’ topics were still uncertain.

Action: Karen will contact speakers about their AV requirements.

The Nominating Committee will need to let the candidates know there will be time at the beginning of the Assembly for them to speak if they wish.

Marty may facilitate the question-answer period at the end. Michael and Kim volunteered to be runners with the microphones for questions.

PDC Letter to the ULC:

The ULC has yet to respond to the PDC memorandum concerning tours of Harvard Depository. They should be meeting soon.

Action: Karen will e-mail Barbara a reminder.

New Business:

Nominating Committee:

No reports at this time.

Action: Marty will e-mail Karen a list of names on the ballot.

Annual Reports:

Annual reports from the Subcommittees are due June 30.

Next Meeting: Thursday, June 12, 2008, Widener Room 5-55, 12-2 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Craig Thomas