Professional Development Committee
Home
Page

Minutes of the Professional Development Committee meeting

February 19, 2002



Present: Hilde DeWeerdt (Chair, Minutes), Karen Nipps, Alix Reiskind, Anne Tanguay

The Minutes from the January 15, 2001 meeting were approved and can be mounted on the PDC Web site.

Program Updates: The final announcement for the “remote possibilities” panel was discussed and approved. Hilde will send it out through HULINFO and LIBINFO today. A reminder will be sent out on Friday March 15. Karen, who is coordinating the multimedia needs of the panelists, reported that a PC, Powerpoint and Internet access will be provided, but that panelists can bring their own laptops if they prefer not to stand by the podium. Hilde, Karen and Manda should contact their invitees about this. The computer provided at the Lamont Forum Room is not portable. Hilde will send out a lunch invitation to all panel participants. PDC members who invited panelists and other PDC members are also invited and will be accommodated to the extent possible. RSVPs are due March 8; final arrangement will be made at our next meeting. Hilde will introduce the panelists and the event on March 19.

Library Tour: Alix is setting up a meeting with Mary this week to discuss the time and program. The event will take place in May; a date that fits in with Mary’s schedule and the HUL calendar will be decided by the next meeting.

Karen reported that about a dozen people attended the Bryant Fellowship Brown Bag. So far two applications have been received. The applications will be sent to the members of the committee next week. A final decision will be made by the next meeting.

Archives: Karen transmitted the Bryant Fellowship files from the past two years. Hilde has contacted the Archives and the Executive Committee to find out about procedures for forwarding PDC archives.

New member: The committee discussed the candidates for the position vacated by Peter Cohn. Hilde will forward our findings to the chair of the Executive Committee. We expect to be welcome the new member at our next meeting.

Karen suggested that we and the executive committee make sure that libraries from across campus are represented in this and other committees and take this into account when selecting new members in June.

Meeting times and places until June: All members are urged to bring suggestions for next year’s programs for the next meeting.

March 12, 9.30-11.00 (HBS?)

April 16, 9.30-11.00 (Houghton?)

May 21, 9.30-11.00 (HYL or other HCL?)

June 18, 9.30-11.00 (Loeb Design?)

Next meeting: March 12, 2002 at the Harvard Business School


Top | Back to Minutes Archive