Minutes of the Professional Development Committee meeting
December 9, 2004
PRESENT: Amira Aaron, Amy Boucher, Doug Campbell, Karen Carlson Young, Carol Ellerbeck, Laureen Esser, Ksenya Kiebuzinski, Craig Thomas
Not present: Alicja Altenberger
- FRBR plans: Date finalized to Tuesday, March 22. It will take place at Gutman.
- Bryant Fellowship: The Brown Bag lunch will take place the first week in February.
- Future programs:
- Mentoring forum: will take place on Feb. 16 (Wednesday).
- Instructional technology: perhaps, with Paul Bergen in late spring. He could talk on instructional computing at FAS.
- Other possible topic suggested: open access journals. Bring an outside speaker in?
- The Future of the Mentoring Subcommittee: there is a meeting, December 16 at noon in Widener 6-15 with Bette Viano, Director of Human Resources.
- Wadsworth House survey: detailing how many hours each committee spends per year on committee-related work. The survey was passed out to the chairs of the various committees. Laureen estimated that we put in about 25 hours per year.
- Plans for January meeting: Tuesday, January, 11.
Submitted by Craig Thomas