Professional Development Committee Home
Page

Minutes of the Professional Development Committee meeting

May 9, 2006
Special Collections Room, Loeb Library, Design School


PRESENT: Jia Lin Jin, Ann Robinson (Co-chair), Kathy Rutter, Craig Thomas (Co-chair), Inés Zalduendo

ABSENT: Michael Bradford, Brad Schaffner (LAEC Liaison), Andrea Schulman, Kathleen Sheehan

  1. Andrea stepping down from PDC: Andrea will be stepping down from the PDC due to increased job responsibilities at Baker. She suggested in an e-mail that someone else from the Baker staff take her place. It was suggested at today’s meeting that someone from the Medical School could be another possibility. The PDC would like to note our gratitude to Andrea for her contributions to the PDC this past year.
  2. Bryant Fellowship: The Librarians’ Luncheon featuring the Bryant Fellowship speakers is May 17 from 12-2. Craig will contact Wadsworth House to ensure that the Bryant Jury and perhaps the PDC as a group receive invitations.
    The recipients have yet to be posted on the HUL Bryant Fellowship Webpage.
    Follow up: Wadsworth House did invite the Jury and the PDC collectively.
  3. Dale Flecker program in June: Kathy reported that everything is set up for this program. It will take place Wednesday, June 14 at the Science Center. She will send out the message through HULINFO when the room location is finalized. The event will be co-sponsored by the PDC and HUL.
    Follow up: the HULINFO message appeared May 12. The event will take place in Science Center B on Wednesday June 14 from 3 to 4:30. Dale will discuss the Harvard-Google project and related developments in Scholar and Book Search.
  4. PDC Website: Michael made a final call in an e-mail last week for any additional links. He reported in an e-mail today that he had finished the HTML for the links but will be adding hot links to the individual sections within his list. He will then work on the events calendar.
  5. Next year:
  6. Next Meeting: Our next meeting will be in the fall. We may meet as a group for lunch this summer as a social event.
  7. Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 10:15 AM.

Respectfully submitted,
Craig Thomas


Top | Back to Minutes Archive