Rights and Responsibilities
Home Page

 

Minutes of the Rights and Responsibilities Committee


Rights & Responsibilities Committee
Meeting Minutes
February 15, 2006
Fung Library Meeting Room N017 & Computer Training Room
1:00 – 2:00 PM

Present:  Elizabeth McKeigue (co-chair), Patty Hatch (co-chair), Amy Lucker, Kazuko Sakaguchi (minutes), Karen Storin, Erin Wise, Melanie Wisner 

Absent: Amira Aaron (Librariansí Assembly Liaison), Kim Dulin, Renata Kalnins


1. Report on meeting of the LAEC 

a. Elizabeth and Patty updated us on activities of the other Librariansí Assembly committees.

b. New LAEC iSite 

R&R members moved over to Harvard-MIT Data Centerís Computer Training Room, which is adjacent to the meeting room.  Elizabeth demonstrated iSite (isite.harvard.edu). Members were encouraged to send any comments or suggestions regarding iSite to Elizabeth. 

2. Library Lunch Lectures 

a. Feedback from the last Library Lunch Lecture (Jan. 27th) 

Patty reported Amy Luckerís presentation had a big turn out (43 attendees) and was received well that generated lively discussions.  Many thanks to Amy. 

b. Planning for Slavic Panel in March 

Patty contacted Erik Zitser who leads this upcoming panel on Slavic collection and is communicating with his colleagues.  Based upon panelistsí schedule, the date of this event has been set up for March 31st, 12:00 - 1:30 pm (though it may not work well for some of the R&R members). 

c. Spring program ideas 

Ideas on possible topics and presenters for the spring program were discussed.  Some topics include record management program, international law bibliographies, and Baker Libraryís pilot project on working knowledge.  Among them, Harvard records management program, including electronic records, especially in the context of widespread relocations within Harvard, received first choice.  Patty will get in touch with Jennifer Lyons at Houghton Library, who is one of the co-chairs of the Communication & Orientation Committee.  The possible time of this event will be late May or early June. 

3. Updates on other business 

a. Establishing a system for announcing Harvard staff participation in upcoming conferences. 

A pilot program was suggested, and Elizabeth offered to talk with Beth Brainard about HCLís potential participation. 

b. Section on library policy documentation on our web site. 

Next meeting:  Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, March 15th, 1:00 - 2:00 pm at Baker Library (B82).  Erin will meet everyone in the lobby.