Policies on Use and Reproduction
Users may quote from, reference, print, or link to digital materials in Harvard in the 17th and 18th Centuries for the purposes of teaching and/or individual research.
Any other use, including commercial reuse, mounting on other systems, or other forms of redistribution, requires permission of the Harvard University Archives.
Material should be cited in standard bibliographic style based on the descriptive information displayed with the item. Citations must include:
- name of author/creator, including birth and death dates if applicable
- item/collection/record group title; and if applicable, series title, sub-series title
- folder title, if applicable
- item description, if applicable
- call number
- name of the repository (Harvard University Archives)
- URL for the digital object
Linking to Harvard in the 17th and 18th Centuries
You may link to this web site from your own web site. Please notify the Harvard University Archives of the location of these links.
Adding Text Links
To add a simple text link with a citation, copy and paste the following HTML code on your site:
<a href="http://hul.harvard.edu/huarc/h1718/index.html">Harvard in the 17th and 18th Centuries<em>Harvard University Archives
Adding Image Links
To add an image link with a citation, copy the desired image to your site and use the following HTML code to accompany the image: