Table of Contents
Extended Professional Development Opportunity Program
As the Extended Professional Development Opportunity Program (EPDOP) begins its fifth year of service to professional library staff at Harvard, application deadlines are on the horizon. EPDOP provides professional leaves of one to three months' durationwith full pay and benefitsfor independent projects that increase professional competencies while providing direct benefit to Harvard's libraries. Eligible projects may include:
- scholarly research directly related to the applicant's position at Harvard;
- initiatives to improve technical or library-oriented activities, such as internships and exchanges;
- internships at other institutions;
- writing in areas served by the applicant's position; and
- intensive reading and study in areas new to the applicant's profession and of a scope that extends significantly beyond normal professional expectations.
- October 1deadline for discussion of the preliminary proposal with local supervisors and library administration
- November 1deadline for submission of final, locally approved proposals to the Extended Professional Development Opportunity Review Committee in Wadsworth House
- November 30announcement of approved projects by the Review Committee
For full details on the application process and conditions for application, contact Dana Hanify in the University Library Director's Office at 5-3650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents |
Previous Article |